Bolesworth is a historic country estate in the heart of Cheshire and home to some of the north of England’s leading events including CarFest North and Bolesworth International Horse Trials. The business wanted to build on their reputation and establish themselves as a world-class events venue by delivering on their inaugural Christmas lights celebration. Source PR was tasked with publicising this event, attracting audiences as well as supporting with the general marketing of the venue.
Source PR was appointed to share the launch of the Christmas lights trail through a comprehensive marketing campaign including traditional PR, inviting and engaging with influencers as well as organic social media support.
With a wealth of experience in hospitality and events PR, we were able to devise an airtight plan that concluded with the successful execution of the event. We even found ourselves overcoming issues, having to feed crisis management into the mix, following a postponement of the initial launch event by a week due to havoc caused by Storm Arwen.
- Briefing the media on the launch of this brand-new event, sharing background and ambitions of the estate
- Securing media interest and coverage of the event(s)
- Working with local media titles on forward features to secure inclusions in ‘things to do at Christmas’ articles
- Inviting and managing the attendance of influencers from across the Cheshire, Merseyside, and Lancashire regions to help publicise the event
- Providing crisis management support when the initial launch of the Christmas lights trail was postponed due to stormy weather, managing press, influencer, and stakeholder relations – ultimately ensuring a smooth journey out of the chao and positioning Bolesworth as a capable and professional venue
- Producing a relevant, consistent and engaging social media strategy that included regular and enticing posts alongside reactive content
- Devising a blog strategy that included a mix of SEO content and venue updates
- Overall, a successful launch of Bolesworth’s Christmas lights event and fully booked slots for some of the key attractions
- Over 45 pieces of coverage achieved across relevant local regional papers and glossies, including titles such as key target lifestyle magazines, Cheshire Live, The Chester Standard, The Manc, Liverpool Echo, MEN and Shropshire Star
- A reach of circa 225.3k people from online and print coverage
- Over 250 shares on Facebook of the media coverage, coupled with 1,000+ reactions and 100+ positive comments
- Securing 50+ links back to the Bolesworth website to accompany the venue’s SEO efforts online
- Successful collaborations with influencers, extending reach across approximately 500,000 accumulative followers