British Pipeline Agency (BPA) owns and operates more than 1000km of high-pressure fuel pipelines and fuel storage depots across the UK.
- The company is required to communicate with landowners along the pipeline network to ensure they know what to do in the event of an emergency or if planning to undertake work near to the pipelines.
- To devise a campaign that targets 2,200 rural landowners and tenants along the pipeline network
- Provide clear messaging about what to do, and what not to do, if operating in the vicinity of a pipeline
- Develop mechanisms that encourage responses from landowners and improve two-way communications
- Undertake a multi-channel campaign approach to reflect the audience, including telephone surveys, direct mail and SMS campaign as well as build a new website and enhance one to one communications.
- The response rates from rural landowners and tenants increased by 16% from the previous year (and 93% since 2014), despite an 18% growth in the number of target recipients.
- Securing a response from nearly 70% of landowners – the highest in the industry
- Achieving a 25% drop in the number of unauthorized incidents on the network.
- Source PR was named as a finalist in the 2019 Rural Business Awards as the North’s Best Rural Communications Business.